Dubai, one of the United Arab Emirates cities, has always amazed the world with its amazing buildings. No project, from the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building) to the Palm Islands (man-made islands), has failed to impress. Tourists are drawn to Dubai more and more as the city keeps getting bigger and better.
The Dubai canal project, a 3.2 km man-made canal that runs through the Sheik Zayed Road, is one of the newer additions. The Dubai Canal has become one of the city’s most popular places to visit. It shows how committed the emirate is to engineering that is new and different. The colorful water in the Dubai Canal is a sight to behold. In particular, there’s a lot more to this engineering marvel than meets the eye.
All about the Dubai Canal
Dubai Canal is a man-made waterway that opened on November 9, 2016. The canal sidewalk has a shopping center, hotels, 450 restaurants, high-end homes, walking paths, and even cycling paths. The Dubai Canal project goes from Business Bay to the Persian Gulf through Safa Park and Jumeirah.
If you want to know about the Dubai Canal location, it is 3.2 km long. Along the 6.4 km waterfront on either side of the canal, people can run, walk, or ride cycles. Hop on one of the many ferries or Abra rides that cross the calm waters of the canal for a very relaxing afternoon. Five pedestrian bridges also line the waterway, giving people a great view of Dubai’s glittering skyline.
Along the Dubai water canal boardwalk, although many new buildings have been built since it opened. There are also plans to improve the public space around the area by adding shops, a marina, a boardwalk, and places for recreation. This will make lifestyle development a hub of new things to do and see.
The Dubai Water Canal Network
There are three different bodies of water that make up the canal’s water network.
- The Water Network: The Dubai Canal is a waterway that stretches for about 2.9 kilometers and links Business Bay with the Arabian Gulf. The shoreline of the Arabian Gulf, which features some breathtaking beachfront. The Crystal Lagoon in Safa Park is the last section of the canal to be completed.
- The Green Network: Through this network, Safa Park and the new Jumeirah Beach Park are connected to each other.
- The Public Realm: This is the area around the canal that is being developed. In the Dubai Canal project, it is located in the surrounding area. Within a short distance of this location, in the neighborhood of Jumeirah, you’ll find a great deal of eateries as well as places to relax and have fun at Dubai Canal.
Cruises at Dubai Canal
No one wants to spend their time on vacation in Dubai, getting tickets for trips and sadly finding out that they are all full. In this regard, you can be sure of a spot on this Dubai Water Canal Cruise if you book it in advance. Then, just hop on an Arabian boat called a “Dhow” and enjoy an international buffet dinner. Usually, you will have a 3-course international meal for dinner. There will be entertainment for you in the form of traditional Arab dances. Besides this, you sail past sights like the Burj Khalifa and the canal’s lit-up waterfall bridge. There will be live entertainment, and some drinks will be provided.
Dubai Canal Dhow Cruise
With the Dubai Canal Dhow Cruise, you can see the famous Arabian Gulf in all its glory. This is your chance to see the Dubai Skyline from a different angle. At night, you could just lie down under the stars and enjoy the quiet. The journey of 2.5 km begins at Dubai Festival City Mall. Further includes Business Bay, Safa Park, the JW Marquis Hotel, and the Westin Hotel are among the places you will usually go through. On this dhow cruise, you can go through a waterfall. With the usage of new technology, you can control it electronically and stop when a boat or dhow comes close.
Dubai Canal Arba Ride
An Abra is an old way for Emiratis to get around. Emiratis have been using it for hundreds of years, and it is a part of the culture of the United Arab Emirates. So, it’s something new for tourists to try.
The Dubai Festival City Mall is also where Abra tours begin and end. The route is different from the Dubai Water Canal Cruise, though. As you go through the Canal, you will see the Ras Al Khor Sanctuary, Business Bay, the Westin and St. Regis Hotels, and the Burj Khalifa. Besides this, the Business Bay Bridge, the JW Marriott Hotel, and the Sheik Zayed Road Waterfall Bridge. You should do a Dubai Canal Abra Ride at least once in your life.
Dubai Water Canal Cruise Timing
Further, the Dubai Water Canal is open 24 hours a day. Therefore, travelers can take the ferry from Jaddaf Marine Station at 10 am, 12 am, and 5:40 pm every day. If you want to see the waterfall in the Dubai water canal, you should go between 8 pm and 10 pm. Lastly, at the time of booking, you will get confirmation. Children must be with an adult at all times. There is no strict dress code. For this to happen, the weather has to be good. If it’s called off because of bad weather, you may choose another date.
What is the Best Way to Enjoy the Dubai Water Canal?
There are many ways to enjoy and learn about the Dubai Canal. You can walk across bridges, ride a cycle, or just sit on a bench along the promenade. But if you want to see the city’s beautiful sights and enjoy the canal, you should take an Abra ride or a dhow cruise. Abra rides leave the Dubai Festival City Mall at 6.30 PM and 9 PM. Adding on, they can last 30, 60, or 90 minutes (you can opt for one of these).
If you want more, you can go on a dinner cruise down the water canal if you want. On the Dubai water canal cruise, you can see the city’s glitz and glamor. The cruise on the Dubai Water Canal starts at 8 PM from the pier near the Dubai Festival City and lasts for 2–2.5 hours. During that time, you can see all the best parts of the canal. Thus, this is the best way to enjoy the Dubai Water Canal.
Things to be Considered While Visiting Dubai Canal
- The Dubai Canal is open all the time, so feel free to stop by whenever you choose. To see the city at its most beautiful, though, go after sunset.
- You can get some great photos of the city from here, so don’t forget to bring your camera.
- A parking lot is available for anyone driving to the canal (under the Sheik Zayed Road Bridge). Remember, though, that parking here will cost you.
- The Dubai Canal project is still in progress, so you may come across construction equipment, workers, and stacks of sand and other materials along the boardwalk.
- Throw your trash away and stay off the canal and promenade. Please contribute to the general cleanliness of the Dubai water canal boardwalk.
- Wearing loose, comfortable clothing is recommended if you plan on visiting the area in the evening.
- During the winter months, it is advisable to always have a shawl or light jacket on hand in case the temperature drops. If you must go during the day, bring along a hat, scarf, and sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s glare.
How to Reach Dubai Water Canal?
In Dubai, the water canal is right in the middle of the city and is easy to get to. You can drive to the Dubai Canal, take a taxi, or even take the metro. From anywhere in the city, you can take a taxi to the canal.
- If you want to drive to the water canal, head toward the Dubai World Trade Center and take the exit next to the St. Regis Hotel. This will take you to the Sheik Zayed Road Bridge. Visitors can park their cars underneath the bridge.
- But, if you want to take the metro, take the red line that goes to the U.A.E. Exchange. You need to get off at the Business Bay station and walk toward the Sheik Zayed Road Bridge. From here, you could take a lift down to the water canal. You can drive or take the metro to get to the Dubai Water Canal. The easiest way will be by the metro.
Even though there is a lot of work that is in process at the Dubai Canal. The Dubai Water Canal has become a popular place for both locals and tourists. There are going to be malls and housing complexes built, and cafes and restaurants opened. Besides, a lot of other interesting things will be brought in. Still, the Dubai Canal location is a great place to go if you want to get some exercise. Dubai is home to some of the rarest and most valuable things in the world, and the Dubai Water Canal is definitely one of them. So, make sure you don’t miss it when you go on vacation to the city of Dubai in the Emirate.